Monday, February 23, 2009

And the winner is....

Taraji P. Henson! Okay, no, she didn't win an acting award at last night's Oscars, but she's my official pick for best dressed! Sure, Anne Hathaway was Audrey-Hepburn-lovely (and she sings! what a talent!), and Natalie Portman was picture perfect beautiful, but Taraji's dress truly took my breath away. The color, the fabric... everything about it was perfection for me. And the way she paired it with that red bag was just marvelous. Couple that with her fabulous hair and makeup and a necklace that could've come to the party by itself, and you've got a truly winning Oscar look!

She was also funny, adorable and charming on the Red Carpet. Just so sweet and bubbly in every interview she gave. Taraji, you are now officially my new favorite Hollywood starlet!

(Clearly she needs to acquire the film rights to SCOT and JACK and then star in both movies as the lovely and fabulous Vanessa....)


Now, you know I like to keep it positive on this blog, so I'm not going to mention anything about my pick for worst dressed. But, you know who you are. (And I never said anything about being nice in the comments section, so please feel free to tell us your catty opinions on worst dressed....)

Special mention goes out to Angelina Jolie's emeralds. Did you see that ring? Those earrings?! Talk about jewelry that could've come to the party by itself! Words cannot describe....

And special thanks to JustJared.com for the fabulous pics! There are lots more on his site, if you'd like to place your own vote for best dressed!

2 comments:

Wrighty said...

I only got to see part of the red carpet interviews and the show so I haven't seen all of the outfits yet. It won't be long though because that's the only thing we'll hear about on TV and magazines for the nest week. I did hear that it was very "old Hollywood" with a lot of classic looks. Everyone was gorgeous but if that was the toned down look they were talking about because of the recession than I'm very curious to see what the glamorous look is!

Kaye said...

Wow, she sure does look gorgeous!
When are your books going to be made into movies?? They would be big screen hits, I am sure.