Thursday, September 10, 2009

What could you do in 7 minutes a day?

Galleycat's found a seminar which claims you can write a book in just 7 minutes a day.

Seven minutes?! It takes me that long to sit down at my computer to get ready to write.

There's always emails to check, not to mention facebook, goodreads, myspace and about a hundred other social networking sites that I just "have" to check before I start writing.

And then, there's always laundry to do, dishwashers to be unloaded, and desks to be straightened up. Because, clearly, you can't write the Great American Novel if your dishwasher is full. Can you?

By the time I've checked everything that needs checking on my computer and cleaned my entire house from top to bottom, then, inevitably, the phone rings.

So, basically, what I'm saying is that I really can't do anything in 7 minutes a day. What could you accomplish in just 7?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i could eat some broccoli