Monday, December 29, 2008

Last post of 2008!

Well, it's my last post of 2008, so what better to talk about than New Year's resolutions?!  Every year, I have the same old resolutions-- eat healthier foods, work out more, be better about staying in touch with friends and family, and write more-- but this year, I'm simplifying!  My big goal for 2009 is to write more.  

It's so easy to come up with excuses why I can't write.  I don't have time.  I have other things to do.  I'm tired.  I'm too busy organizing my sock drawer.  Well, this year, I'm not making any excuses!  I'm going to commit myself to just one goal, writing as much as I can, and sticking to it! Like diet and exercise, writing is something that makes me feel good, so why do I always procrastinate?!  Okay, I guess that's a whole other blog post, but as for right now, I'm just going to focus on one thing:  writing more.

What are you going to focus on in 2009?

4 comments:

drey said...

Mine's pretty simple. One-dimensional, really. I'm going to write reviews of the books I read. =) Yeah, there's other stuff I want to do, too, but they really shouldn't just be resolutions, they should be natural, like breathing. =D Happy writing!

Anonymous said...

My commitment for 2009 is to be more active, social, and less judgmental.

Sherri said...

I wish I could say I had some profound resolution I want to achieve in 2009 but they never seem to come true, all good intentions aside. So my resolution for 2009 is to just be the best person I can be and accept that I am doing the best I can. :o) Happy New Year, Brenda!

Brenda Janowitz said...

happy new year, everyone! those comments totally rock. you guys have inspired me!!!

xoxo
b