Thursday, July 31, 2008

Heads Up!

So, my online chats over at VZones were great. I read from JACK WITH A TWIST, answered lots of questions about getting a book published, and just generally had a good time.

The first night, my husband decided to come to the chat. So, he went online and created an avatar and got his two week free trial. All was going well until suddenly, he turns to me and says: "I lost my head." Now, I was in the middle of conducting my chat, so I tried to ask him what he meant while typing.....

Well, I looked over to his laptop and it seems that he managed to take his avatar's head off. Lifted it clear off, and his avatar was holding it's own head in its hands. Obviously, I started laughing hysterically. He literally lost his head! I tried to conduct my chat like a normal well adjustsed author, but I just couldn't stop laughing. How did he manage to take his own head off? Why is that even an option on VZones to take your own head off?

Funnier still, when he was coming into the Auditorium, one of the VZones welcome people found him and said: "I'll show you into the Auditorium. But first, you'll need to put your head in your pocket."

Just get a visual of that.

Anyhoo, it turns out, the reason why you can take your head off is so that you can wear different heads, if you so choose. In fact, one of the people at my chat had a duck's head on her avatar. (Again, why is it even an option to have a duck's head on your avatar? I'll never know.)

So, there you have it. My husband adores me so much that he literally loses his head over me. Even a virtual me. Am I a lucky girl or what?

No comments: